Finally, after what feels like 1456 days of the month of January, February has arrived. The world may still seem a little bleak at the moment, so we’re here to give you some reasons to feel good this February!
1. The days are getting lighter. Ever so slowly, you’ll notice that it won’t be quite so dark when you wake up, allowing you to leave bed with a little more spring in your step. The pitch black mornings of January make it hard to leave the comfort of bed and can often leave us feeling like we want to curl up under the duvet and not move. February brings us one month closer to the daylight saving clock change. We’ve almost done it, we’ve very nearly completed winter.
2. Spring is in sight! Ok, so most of the UK had snow last week, but throughout February you’ll start to notice more little signs that warmer weather is coming, from daffodils beginning to poke through the ground, and more birds in the sky.
3. If even the daffodils aren’t enough to convince you that summer is coming, then don’t forget that February is the shortest month. Just 28 days to get through and we’ll be in March, and one step closer to the easing of lockdown.
4. Valentines Day. February is the month of love. We don’t just mean with a significant other; it could be your parents, grandparents, best mates or furry friend. Be sure to share the love on the 14th and we’re confident you’ll feel it right back.
5. Speaking of love, it’s Pancake Day on the 16th February. It’s time to get excited about your toppings, whether you’re a simple lemon and sugar fan, or plan to get more adventurous in the kitchen.
6. If Pancake Day has got you thinking about sweet treats, then we’re here to tell you that it’s also World Nutella Day on Friday 5th February. If there’s one thing that’s guaranteed to make most people feel good, its chocolate, so this is definitely one reason to look forward to the month ahead.
7. Chinese New Year falls on Friday 12th February this year. Perhaps you’re celebrating yourself, in which case we wish you much happiness and prosperity in the Year of the Ox.
8. We know that with lockdown restrictions, there’s sometimes not much to do apart from settle down to a great TV series. Well good news, there’s some exciting new releases coming to our screens this February, including a Netflix documentary, ‘Pele’ all about the iconic footballer and the only person ever to win three world cups. We’ll be tuning in for some feel good inspiration.
9. Time to Talk Day is one of the biggest days in the mental health awareness calendar, and this year falls on the 4th February. The idea of this day is to get more people talking openly about mental health and breaking down barriers, something which we fully support and are really glad to see happening this month.
10. If that’s not enough to make you feel more positive about the coming weeks, then hopefully you’ll be pleased to hear that Onyx Support have a schedule of interesting content planned - from hearing real life stories from inspirational individuals, to practical, actionable advice to make small but powerful changes to your life. Watch this space!